.

Thursday 19 May 2011

seven things

from the archives
from the archives

i've been asked to tell you seven things about myself a couple of times before, and it always makes me think and take stock a little. most recently i was tagged by elizabeth (of primoeza), and had written a post, all ready to go, when blogger had that glitch the other day. some of it was saved as a draft, but only a small part. now, even more has disappeared, so i might as well start over.

here's the latest edition of seven things then (thanks to elizabeth, and my other friends who recently tagged me to do this, i wish i had gotten round to it earlier.)

1 //
i've been through some difficult times recently, and i'm so glad to have friends who were most patient in listening when i had the umpteenth meltdown. (i'm much better now!)

2 //
i wouldn't have thought that a new hair cut can be such a catalyst. oh dear, i'm such a cliché.

3//
i love gardening even more than i thought. this weekend, i'm going to plant some more flowers (cosmos, delphinium, dahlias) and support the peas and beans with found sticks. (a little garden series is coming up!)

4//
i had forgotten how much i love going to the theatre and concerts. (thanks a million to sylee who heard about last-minute tickets for the sufjan stevens show, wohoo!)

5//
i hate testiness and sulking in people, and yet put up with it so often, wanting to please everybody. not anymore.

6//
i love making plans. and making them happen.

7//
i feel at a crossroads with my photography, at a point where i feel i'm caught in set ways. more and more often, i'm ever so bored with my own pictures. i don't know, what's next. but i'm curious.

feel free to play along if you like, and let us know in the comments if you do!

p.s.: these are two photos from my archives, taken with my praktica in 2009, in venice and at home.

16 comments:

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

I love these 'tell me something about yourself' blog games. Yours is especially great and I can sooo relate to #5, I do the same thing...argh! Let me know how it goes :-)

Anne said...

Loved reading your 7 things! And am absolutely not bored with your photography yet ;-) Thanks for sharing and have a happy Thursday!

máni said...

just posted my seven things, too, hehe. :)
it's fun to read yours. and about #1: i wish you all the best and remember that after the rain comes sunshine and then a beautiful rainbow!

isabelle said...

praktica photos!!! the tones are so special!
lovely to know a little bit more about you. and i hope we will be able to drink a tea together sometime:)

Marion said...

I'm not bored with your pictures oh no ! I love these two. Gorgeous tones. Can't wait to see more of the garden & to see it for real hopefully !

MANDY said...

Kristina, I never get bored of your photographs ... it is always a lovely treat coming over to your blog ... I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gardening !!!

P R I M O E Z A said...

i know exactly how you feel, being at a crossroads. i have never felt like i've had a straightforward trajectory (until recently). it's hard at the time, but it's a good opportunity to choose your own path :)

Unknown said...

Praktica :D

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and I'm really looking forward to your gardening updates! As for number 7, please will you answer my survey on my blog for me?

sandra said...

kristina, i'm happy to hear you're feeling better!
yes, let's stop wanting to please everybody, i'm like that too and it's such a waste of energy.

i love your photography but i also know what you mean with no7 (not that I am bored with yours, but with my own sometimes),

happy thoughts from sandra

alexandria said...

I love your honesty in words and am so glad you're doing really well! I love these two photos paired together. Always inspiration to be found here on your blog.

jane said...

i always love learning little things about you. soooo jealous you are going to see ss! have a great time!!
big hugs!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I'm looking forward to your garden series. Nice Practica images. For what it is worth, I haven't been at all bored with your photography. I just did the same 7 things exercise last week: http://chezdanisse.blogspot.com/2011/05/about-author-of-this-blog.html

inna karenina said...

love always reading these little facts of the people whose blogs i read! i can so relate to the n 7 - that's how i've been feeling the last months. oh and i do love making plans - especially when i can make them true as well :)

jana said...

i like all of your 7 things.
your haircut is fantastisch btw (saw it on pascale's blog).
not bored with your photos either but i get the point.
schönes gärtnerwochenende (mach fotos!)!

danica said...

i really enjoyed reading your seven things. no. 5 particularly resonated with me - some people need to be put in their place.

geneviève bjargardóttir said...

maybe it is a bit of a cliché, but i feel just the same about haircut! i had a terrible heartbreak some years ago that held me still and crumpled into myself - i could not get going forward again. then i cut off all of my hair - it was down past my shoulders and i buzzed it away! and it saved me somehow, the light freeness of it. i felt like myself in a wonderful new way. haircuts are some of the best cures for any kind of emotional disaster :) and from the photograph i saw of your new cut, you look wonderful!

followers

***