.

Wednesday 20 January 2010

corner view: style




i used to wear a lot of vintage clothes -- skirts and dresses and coats, scarves and sunglasses. very big sunglasses, the bigger the better. but somehow it feels like i've lost my knack a bit. these days it's mostly jeans and woolly jumpers. i hope i'll find the time again when spring comes to look for a few new vintage favourites.

that being said, what makes me happy and keeps me warm this winter is a vintage coat with a white collar that i bought online last year. i like to wear it with a russian scarf i've had for years. when i took these photos, my cat was not too impressed that my attention was not on her, so she walked into the picture. good idea, as it turns out.

for more corner views, take a look at jane's spain daily.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh, love love love your pictures. Sooooooo lovely!

Agneta, the swedish one

et lille oejeblik - a little moment said...

what a wonderful coat, looks so beautiful and so warm.

Veja cecilia said...

the coat looks fantastic! vintage is fun but takes time, i wish had more time for it:)

Francesca said...

Very "stylish" photos, the black cat makes a wonderful background for the white fur!

Unknown said...

The coat at the top is beautiful! I feel the same about my style lately, definitely need to find my groove again!

Unknown said...

Your coat is lovely. Beautiful!

isabelle said...

oh I love that coat!!!

Unknown said...

Very good idea, I love the last picture! :)

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, it's amazing! Vintage coats are some of my favorite pieces to look for.

jane said...

oh it´s gorgeous!! please take me shopping...

soisses-dasleben said...

einen guten stil verlernt man nicht ;-) da bin ich mir sicher... es gibt zeiten, da braucht man nur eine jeans & ein t-shirt!

l i s e said...

I'm sure you look very lovely with this fantastic coat and scarf.
Just like you I'm very found of VERY BIG sunglasses!

Ritva said...

love your coat!- i used to have (about 100 years ago) quite a similar one- autsh, i miss it now :)
your photos are sooo good!
hugs!

Marion said...

definitely a fantastic coat for trying to keep warm in the cold cold Berlin !

PROVINS said...

Lovely coat.. So cool You are staying chic in this weather!

followers

***